Blasamic-glazed Salmon fillets
About this recipe: A delicious sticky glaze is brushed on top of salmon fillets before they are baked in the oven. A quick and easy solution for dinner any night of the week!
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 85ml (3 fl oz) balsamic vinegar
- 2 dessertspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 6 x (140g) fillets
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Take off the heat and add oregano.
- Arrange salmon fillets on prepared baking tray. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze. Use a fish slice to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the tray.
Try serving these salmon fillets over a baby leaf salad, and use extra glaze for the dressing. Add chopped spring onions and julienned red pepper to round out the salad.